Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm...so...dumb...

So, we just got back from CA yesterday, and as I'm catching up on some blog-surfing I had a "doh!" moment. As I mentioned before, I found out about Cherry from Action Hero. I noticed that she'd started on it, and posted a picture. Something looked a little different.  
Hmmm, did I mess up on the bird pattern? That would be yes. Instead of slipping the stitches with the yarn in front (on the WS), I did it with the yarn in back, so there is a "bar" across the slipped stitches on the RS. Here's a closeup of what I mean:

Not too big a deal, but I did stop to decide if I was going to frog it and start all over (that's the perfectionist in me). Then the laziness in me finally took over (whew!) and decided that it wasn't a big deal and it would only make mine "special". Yay for being lazy!

 
Well, I don't have a lot of pics of our trip because our stupid batteries died in the middle of the wedding. I really wanted to take some shots of the hotels we stayed in so I could write a review at TripAdvisor, but I kept forgetting until after we'd messed up the room with all our crap.

Here's the view from our room at the Napa River Inn. We were in the Embarcadero building, which is located along the river front. Our room was on the second floor overlooking the river and also the good folks at our favorite Napa restaurant, Angele (that's them setting up for lunch service). I liked our room, but it was seriously overpriced, even by CA standards.

I wish I had taken a photo of our room at Hotel Healdsburg because it was sweet! We just had the standard room there, and it was spacious and luxurious. The bed was the best we'd slept in, but the bathroom needed better lighting and more water pressure.

In spite of frequent mishaps along the way, we had a great time. Got to visit with my parents at my sister's home, and the wedding was beautiful. There was even a celebrity there, but perhaps it isn't appropriate for me to say who. Ok, I'll just tell you that it was one of the boys from "The Brady Bunch". And of course, our camera's batteries just had to die - you do believe me, don't you? Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So the yarn on RS is a design feature - it still looks cool.

~Your Secret Pal