Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wowee!

Look what my secret pal sent me! I think I did a little happy dance when I kept pulling and pulling, and more beautiful balls of yarn kept coming out of the envelope. 7 balls total of Rowan 4 ply cotton! Thank you so, so much secret pal!
 
The color is absolutely gorgeous - a perfect wine red called Fandango. Since we picked up the mail so late last night, I had to refrain from going into my craft room. Otherwise, I would have spent all night looking through my patterns to decide what I want to make! So, I held back and told myself to save that task for tomorrow. Which of course, is today!  

I looked through my Rowan magazines, but nothing really stood out as a clear winner. I pulled out the Interweave Knits, and I fell in love with the Prairie Tunic by Veronik Avery. I'm not sure I'll look good in the finished product, but I just enjoy making things I think are beautiful.  

Since I need my US3s for the Cherry sweater, I'll have to wait until I'm done with that project before I can get started on the tunic. So there's some motivation to get movin'. It's always nice to know what's coming down the pipeline. Thanks again, secret pal! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really glad that you like the yarn. You mentioned that you like pinks and reds in your SP8 responses so I figured that this would do you. Can't wait to see how it knits up for you.

Always watching.

~Your Secret Pal