Thursday, June 22, 2006

Before I go...

Well, we're heading off to CA tomorrow for the wedding, but I wanted to post an update on the Cherry sweater.

Now, am I the only one that thinks the pattern looks like a cross between bird feathers and fish scales? This is the pic without flash:
 

And this is the one with flash, which seems to mute the pattern a bit:
 
I am having a blast working on this, because the yarn is so soft and the pattern keeps me interested without being too overwhelming. I want to take it with me to CA as my travel project, but I would be devastated if I lost it or it got harmed in transit, so I will keep it safe at home. I'm having the hardest time figuring out what to bring with me, because it is in the 100s up in Healdsburg and that kind of heat doesn't make me want to knit much of anything. Could this be the first time I don't knit on my vacation?! hahaha... who am I fooling... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Secret Pal says have a good time while you are gone and it looks like scales from here - or maybe elm leaves.