Monday, May 01, 2006

The Canon's back!

I've been working on Wicker from Rowan 37, and I'm almost done with the back. I think the original pattern calls for lace on the the entire back, but I carried over the center ribbing from the front because I like the way it looks.  














Here's a closeup of the lace, which I think looks like fish back bones.  















And I'm getting closer to finishing the Apricot Jacket (aka Iceberg Jacket). I know, I keep saying that, but I really mean it this time. After sewing up all the seams, I realized that I should have knit the darn thing on US 8s instead of US 7s. It felt too loose when I swatched on 8s, but I really regret it now because when I tried it on, I couldn't get the fronts to meet across my boobs!

So, I came up with the idea to add an additional band of ribbing along the front edges. I simply knit a long band and sewed it up along the original selvedge. You can hardly tell! I just need to do the finishing crochet and I'm going to do only 1 button in the center because I don't think I'll ever wear it closed.

 
















The other day I was at Michael's (with my very own Michael, no less) to pick up a bottle of Tacky Glue, and I stumbled across a bin of ribbons on sale for a buck a piece. I really could have gotten a few more, but I didn't want to look like I had a ribbon obsession in addition to my yarn addiction.
  Posted by Picasa

No comments: