Thursday, July 21, 2005

If you like pics, this one's for you

We just got back from our trip to Arizona, and I've got so many great pics to share! I'll get the knitting updates out of the way first, since this is primarily a knitblog.

I brought along 2 projects for the trip. The first was Anouk which I'm doing in Cascade Pima Melange (instead of the Pima Tencel it calls for). I think they are very similar, but I liked the softer, pigment-dyed looking colors of the Melange better. And it was really inexpensive from One Fine Yarn. I finished the front and one pocket, done in intarsia.


Anouk in Cascade Pima Melange (super soft!)
Posted by Picasa

The other project I worked on was the Spring Fling tank. The stitch marker I'm using is one that I got from my Secret Pal from SP4. Isn't it absolutely gorgeous against the color of the yarn?!


Spring Fling tank in GGH Esprit
Posted by Picasa

So when it's 116 degrees in Scottsdale, what else does one think of besides yarn? I actually hadn't planned on going yarn shopping, but there was a store very close to the Four Seasons. I picked up a couple balls of Mission Falls 1824 cotton on sale, and also one of my best finds - Sushi stitch markers!!!


Mission Falls 1824 Cotton
Posted by Picasa


The coolest stitch markers EVER!!!
Posted by Picasa

On one of the days, we took a day trip up to Sedona. The landscape was incredible, but the town itself was a bit touristy. We did a little shopping, and stumbled across this artist's figurines - he* fashions animals out of old car and truck hoods, and calls them 'Critters from the Hood'. Here's the little pooch we adopted. *I stand corrected! The artist is Janey Katz, a woman from New Mexico.


Sedona souvenir
Posted by Picasa


He's a 1970 Ford School Bus!!!
Posted by Picasa

Ok, now on to the vacation photos. We stayed at the Four Seasons in Scottsdale - highly recommended. The bathroom alone was about the size of our bedroom back home! And it was well-appointed with L'Occitane products. I must also mention that there was a walk-in closet with all the usual amenities, plus a hamper and laundry detergent. Yeah, it was a large room.

The resort is sort of tucked away between two peaks, making for some lovely photo ops. Check 'em out!


Picture perfect Scottsdale sunset
Posted by Picasa


Dramatic desert sunset
Posted by Picasa


Just another lovely sunset
Posted by Picasa


The Four Seasons resort in Scottsdale
Posted by Picasa


Cool old artifacts decorate the landscape
Posted by Picasa


View of the central lawn area behind the lobby
Posted by Picasa


In front of our room was this gorgeous view, and a very tall cactus!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: