Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Slackin'

I haven't posted that much lately because...well... I'm a total slacker! Besides, not much has been going on. I'm almost done with my blankie. It's starting to get heavy, so I know it's time to bind off. Just a few more rows while I watch the finale of The Amazing Race. Ugh, I just know Rob and Amber will win. Annoying.

I've also started a new "real" project. After meeting our friend's 2 year old daughter at a wedding recently, I just knew I had to knit her something. I decided to make Tigger from the knitty archive. When Skacel Luxor was on sale at Herrschner's last week for $2.97, I jumped right on it.

I just cast on yesterday, and had to go up a needle size to US 9 in order to get gauge. Even at that, the fabric produced is rather tightly knit so that it feels pretty hearty. I think that was on purpose, as it is for a toddler. So far, I'm loving this yarn! It's really soft, the colors are beautiful and change slightly for visual interest, and it's a quick knit (always a plus for someone with a short attention span like me!). I'll post pics once there's more progress to show.

Another thing I'm working on is planning out two upcoming trips. We want to take a short trip in the middle of summer, and another longer trip to British Columbia in September. We're still undecided about the exact location of the short trip, but we're thinking somewhere in the desert - either Phoenix area or Vegas. We're part of the small population that enjoys 100+ degree weather (dry heat). Good for us, that means low season rates at the Four Seasons!

We know we're going to Whistler to check out the new Four Seasons, and the idea was to tack on a few days for Vancouver Island to see Victoria and maybe Salt Spring Island. Problem is, I can't seem to find a hotel that suits us. I know we're some of the pickiest people around when it comes to lodging, but when you value sleep as much as we do, it kinda makes sense.

I'm starting to think we'd be happier if we just hung out in Vancouver and stayed at the Opus. At least we know what we'd be getting, and we absolutely love the city. I just feel like I need to explore new territory, and we've never been to any of the BC islands. I know, poor me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Tigger sweater..what colours are you using. You are so going to love Whistler. Let me know if you need help with some hotels! Sounds like you are going to have a couple of terrific holidays!