Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Knit, rip, repeat

I worked on the Tigger sweater last night and as I'm going along, I started thinking Gee, I know this is for a toddler and all, but this looks really small.

I decided to cross-check the measurements with other sweater patterns to see if it was written at a normal size. Based on other knitty patterns, Tigger seems to be on the small side, with chest measurements at 23-25" for sizes 2-3 respectively. All the other sweaters for size 2-3 came up with chest at around 28-30" on average, which was the measurement I was most concerned with.

So, I'm gonna go ahead and rip out what I've done so far (one front side), and start over using the pattern for size 4, which is written for chest at 27" and length at 15". It still seems kinda small, but I can't really go any bigger since I didn't purchase the extra ball you're supposed to buy. Tsk, tsk. And to think, it would have only been another $2.97!

Oh, and I'm using the same colors as in the pattern, which are gorgeous! The Zen Colors is especially beautiful, though I don't like its rough texture and I'm not a fan of ribbon/tape yarn (the twisting drives me insane).

No comments: