Friday, March 18, 2005

I forgot to mention Rowan!

It totally slipped my mind, but I finally received my copy of Rowan magazine #37. It was such a tease going into a LYS and seeing it there. I only joined Rowan Int'l back in December, so I hadn't received any magazines yet. I started worrying that they had forgotten about me, until I read in the forums that other members were eagerly awaiting their copies as well. Whew!

After all that anticipation, it finally arrived - and I forgot to mention it. I spent the first evening cuddling it, and looking at the pictures over and over. Sad thing is, I probably won't knit anything from it. My favorite designs are either not flattering to the flabby, or knit in a gauge reserved for the patient. Check it out:


Hike in Calmer. Love it, but someone with a short attention span like me can't handle that much stockinette stitch at 21 sts/4"
Posted by Hello


Two versions of Trek in Handknit DK cotton. This one's my favorite design, but again - the gauge!! I'm not brilliant enough to re-write the pattern for a larger gauge. Huh? What was I talking about?
Posted by Hello


Hobo in Cotton Glace. Another buckle-y design.
Posted by Hello


Elspeth in Calmer. Ok, I *might* do this one because I LOVE working with Calmer, and at least there is some patterning to keep me interested.
Posted by Hello

No comments: