Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Phil says more winter

Yet another cute e-card from my SP has reminded me that today is Groundhog Day. Thanks SP! According to Phil, we've got more winter ahead. I dunno, does that really matter in places like California?! I'm soooo glad we finally came back here (after a 3-year detour in Texas) - I never knew growing up, how much I took the gorgeous weather for granted.

Well, if I didn't say it before, I'm saying it now: I've got drama. My parents were in a car crash on Monday and my dad is still hospitalized. My mom was able to go home that night with some bruising, but her car is totaled so we've been driving her back and forth to the hospital. There will likely be a long and hard recovery for my dad, but we still don't know the extent of his injuries.

Until my mom is feeling well enough to drive (she has a rental), I will be busy shuttling her around the South Bay. It's fine, I just REALLY need to find time to package up my first gift to my SP and ship it out. I was sooo good, did all my shopping over the weekend and had it all ready to go on Monday. I had planned on sending it out Tuesday, but things got crazy and since she's in Canada (yay!) I have to actually take it to the post office. I will get it done today, I swear!

Ack! I hit Save instead of Publish so this is going out much later than I intended...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your parents' car wreck. Big hugs to you and your parents. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you all.

Your sp