Monday, February 26, 2007

Knittin' for Eli

Our friends back in California are expecting a baby any minute now, so I whipped up Buster and Docker from the Rowan Babies book by Kim Hargreaves. Actually, I had planned on making this for Eli for quite some time, but I thought he was coming in May, not March. Thankfully, babies are small and wear tiny clothes you can knit up fast!




I used the yarn called for in the patterns, and actually had enough to make the booties from the leftover yarn from the sweater (in case any of you out there are thinking of making both for the smallest size).

Patterns: Buster and Docker from Rowan Babies by Kim Hargreaves
Yarn: Rowan Wool Cotton, (2) Misty #903 and (1) Inky #908
Size: 0-6 months
Buttons: 1/2" genuine shell by JHB from Jo-Ann Fabrics
Modifications: I didn't like the look of a 5th button at the very bottom edge of the sweater, so although I did make a buttonhole (barely noticeable), I did not sew the button on the buttonband. I reversed the color scheme for the booties, since I had more of the gray color leftover than the black.

That's it! A very easy and enjoyable small project.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

lomester said...

I love the colors. Super cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Your sweater is beautiful! I'm making buster too and I was wondering what kind of decreases you used for the armshaping. Thanks, Sigrid

Jan said...

Sigrid,
I used k2tog and "nona's crossed stitch decrease". You can see all the variations of left-slanting decreases here: http://nonaknits.typepad.com/nonaknits/2006/07/comparing_left_.html
The one I used is #7 on the list. Good luck with your Buster!