Saturday, May 13, 2006

I love spring knits

I love the knits for spring/summer; all the tanks and short-sleeved tops with lacey details and soft, flowy styles. Yes, I love them - but do I look good in them? Not really. I'm better off in a thick wool pullover, where no one will notice the (ahem) rolls.

Still, I can't help but want to make the Eyelet Chemise in the latest Interweave Knits magazine. Though, not in the called-for Euroflax linen. Can't stand to work with the stuff. Definitely something softer.

 

And have it reiterated lately how much I love having a yarn store less than a mile from my house? I trotted over to the Knitting Bee the other day to see what new goodies they had, and I picked up a couple of fun items. The aforementioned Interweave Knits magazine being one, and also 2 balls of Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora on sale for $2.99, along with a nifty new Mini Kacha counter.

 

Not sure what to make with the Cotton Angora, but for now, it's a great addition to my yarn shelf. And the little Kacha has been handy during my progress on the Wicker sweater. I still love my full-size Kacha, but I couldn't resist the little green guy.

And here's how the front of Wicker is going. You can see how I substituted the eyelet holes for cables.

 

I gotta give a shout out to my Secret Pal. Hiya! I just got an email from her (I assume it's a her, because the email handle is "knitmom" - not trying to be sexist here). I'm still waiting to hear who I get to be a secret pal to, and I'm just dying to know! Posted by Picasa

No comments: