Thursday, May 11, 2006

Here comes the bride...

Not referring to myself, of course (been there, done that!). While shopping for my Ma for Mother's Day, I spotted this dress and had to get it for Trent and Ann's upcoming wedding.

 

It actually ties in the back, but I kinda like the way it looks tied in front. Anyhow, I ordered some yarn to make a few accessories. I just love any excuse to buy new yarn and make fun little projects!

Although the wedding will be in California at the end of June, it might be a little chilly later on in the evening, so I figure a light wrap or shawl would be a good idea. After perusing the million or so wraps/shawls out there, I really liked the blue version of Tie One On from knitty.



I had worked with Rowan KidSilk Haze before, and although I LOVE the yarn and the stuff made from it, it does require patience and a gentle hand (which I'm not in the mood for right now). I decided to use Alpaca Cloud in Sunlight from Knit Picks instead. Why? Because it's slightly less delicate, and costs next to nothing.

Of course, I'll also need a little bag to carry my essentials. I chose to make the square crochet bag from Leigh Radford's One Skein. I just placed the order for the yarn, Louet Sales MerLin Camelot in Sunflower. It was hard to find online, so I pretty much figured it would be impossible to find in stores.




Now I must wait for all the goodies to show up! Posted by Picasa

No comments: