Thursday, November 08, 2007

Perks


110807_1253b.jpg
Originally uploaded by mccun934
One of the wonderful things about having a husband that works from home, is that once in a while (like, twice a year) I can convince him to play hooky and take me out to lunch. I had been wanting to try the restaurant at the cooking school in Portland, because I totally support anyone who wants to learn how to make good food, and it doesn't hurt that it's hella cheap!

I totally forgot to take pics of our first 3 courses, but here's what I had:

*Herb ricotta gnocchi with chanterelle mushrooms and brown butter
*Frisee salad with pears, red onions, hazelnuts, and blue cheese
*Braised pork cheeks with braised greens and root vegetable puree
*Lemon meringue tart

The meal exceeded my expectations, and I'm still jonesin' for the gnocchi, which was really fantastic. They change the menu every 10 weeks, and we're already planning on our next visit!

1 comment:

Marnie said...

Ooh, Leo and I have been meaning to try that. Is there a waiting list for lunch?