Friday, June 15, 2007

Stockinette slump


lacycardi
Originally uploaded by knitterj
Ever since I saw Action Hero's version of the short sleeve lacy cardigan from Vogue Knitting spring/summer 2007, I knew I wanted to make one myself. I breezed through the lace portions, but the stockinette on the back is so mind-numbing that I have spent weeks trying to complete it.

I'm about 2/3 of the way done with the back, but I just can't seem to get past the hurdle and I'm thinking of starting something else, just to give me a break from the monotony. However, as is typical with me, there is a good chance I'll never get back to finishing it. So, for now I'm just trudging along and finishing the darn thing.

On the brighter side, I've just been granted access to Ravelry and I am so stoked! It was a great excuse to upgrade my flickr account, so that I can upload and organize all my photos which are scattered all over the place. It's going to take me a long time to get everything set up the way I want, so my account is very much a work in progress. But a fun work, because I've been wanting to organize my stuff for so long but never had a tool that could do it all. Thanks Ravelry!

1 comment:

lomester said...

yay! i found you on ravelry! i think u are going to be hooked!