Monday, February 13, 2006

Not-so-Chinese Charm-less Bag

I'd been wanting to make the Chinese Charm Bag from the first Stitch 'N Bitch ever since it came out, but since the yarn was discontinued I never got around to it until now.

I tried finding a similar yarn with the same shimmery character, but it seems like all the yarns with even the smallest amount of silk or metallic thread costs $15+ per ball/skein. So, I resolved to find a yarn that still had the same striped or variegated look.

Last weekend my LYS the Knitting Bee, had a yarn sale and I was there when the doors opened (along with several others - it was a packed house). I immediately spotted some Noro Big Kureyon on sale, and fell in love with colorway #7. I crossed my fingers that it would work for the bag, and after only 1 skein, here it is!



Here's the inside liner I hand-sewed. I originally had bamboo handles, but I thought the rattan matched better, and gave the bag a rustic, country feel to it. Thus, a country store themed bag liner!

No comments: