Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What would I do without wool/silk blends?

Probably knit with something even more expensive, like cashmere. Yikes!

You know it's a bad time for me when I pull out the expensive stuff to knit with. It's the only thing that helps me get through all the anxiety. This bulky wool/silk blend from Carolina Homespun's Blue Moon Spinnery is so incredibly soothing. It's insanely soft and plush, and the color is softly variegated with a subtle sheen from the silk.

Though gorgeous by itself, I really wanted to add a bit of mohair haze to it. I picked up a ball of Crystal Palace Kid Merino in one of their printed colorways, Red Cinnamon (9798). It does the job well, but I must admit that it does cover up the silky shine of the Blue Moon yarn. Oh well. I love the way the scarf is turning out and I can't wait to wear it (when it gets cold enough!).


Delicious!
Posted by Picasa

The scarf is based on the single rib pattern version in Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I modified it by slipping the first stitch of every row, so that the edges are smooth and neat. I also worked on fewer stitches because I like skinnier scarves.

No comments: