Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Sharing the love

I gotta give a shout out to the peeps at Sconehenge in Berkeley. For the last year, I've been buying a bundle of their scones as many weeks as I can. I've never been to the actual bakery, but these packaged goods are da biz-omb.


These rule
Posted by Hello

I heat them up in the toaster oven, for about 4 minutes at 300 degrees (the exact time it takes my coffee to brew in my french press!). They come out lightly crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside. They are so unlike any other scone I've had. If you think scones are those dry, lumpy blobs reminiscent of a leather shoe, these scones will blow your mind. Try them if you're in the area. And no, I don't work for them. I just like to support small local businesses.


Mouth-watering closeup
Posted by Hello


Yarns of the month: Amazon by Manetto Hill, Unique by Wendy, Cashcotton by RY Classic, and Ingenua by Katia
Posted by Hello

No comments: